Friday, October 13, 2006

There are signs all over the city that say BELIEVE. They are on all municipal vehicles, on banners hanging on the firehouses, on police stations . . . everywhere. I recently noticed that the city hung several banners on light posts near where I live, and the banners each have BELIEVE in a different language - Hebrew, Spanish, Russian, etc.

If the city is going to waste my tax money on signs, I wish they would at least put up signs that are useful - like ALWAYS USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS or DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR RUNNING IF YOU ARE NOT IN IT. Practical things that make sense. I don't need to "believe" in the city - if it hasn't gotten better yet, I don't think it will.

1 Comments:

At 10/15/2006 11:24 PM, Blogger mother in israel said...

Why is the municipality paying for that? Isn't that a violation of the separation between church and state? I mean, I guess it's not religious but I like your ideas better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home